Thank You for developing with LOYVERSE APIs!
Acceptance of Terms and Changes
License to Use LOYVERSE APIs
Сavius grants You a limited, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Loyverse APIs with the terms set forth herein. All rights, not expressly granted to You, are reserved by Cavius or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Your license to use the Loyverse APIs under these Terms continues until either party terminates it.
- Use the Loyverse APIs in any way not expressly authorized in this Agreement.
- Change, modify or otherwise alter the APIs or the API Data in any manner not permitted by the API itself.
- Use the Loyverse APIs in a way that impacts the stability of the Loyverse service and Loyverse applications, impacts the use of the APIs by others and disrupt, interfere with, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any resources connected to or which can be accessed via the Loyverse APIs.
- Misuse the API, including by modifying, editing, altering, creating derivative works, disassembling, decompiling, reverse-engineering, or extracting source code from the Loyverse API or any other Loyverse applications, programs or software (except to the extent such restrictions are expressly prohibited by law), although you may adjust the size of metadata as necessary and as authorized under this Agreement or by distributing or making copies of the Loyverse applications, programs or software.
- Use the Loyverse APIs in a way that could impair, harm or damage Loyverse, the Loyverse APIs, any Loyverse applications, programs or software, or anyone's use of the Loyverse APIs or any Loyverse products.
- Scrape, build databases or otherwise create copies of any data accessed or obtained using the Loyverse APIs, except as necessary to enable an intended usage scenario for Your Application.
- Make Your Application available for use in a manner that circumvents the need for users to obtain a valid license to the Loyverse application or service that is accessed through the Loyverse APIs.
- Request from the Loyverse APIs more than the minimum amount of data, or more than the minimum permissions to the types of data, that Your Application needs to use the intended functionality of Your Application.
- Use an unreasonable amount of bandwidth, or adversely impact the stability of the Loyverse APIs or the behavior of other apps using the Loyverse APIs.
- Attempt to circumvent the authorization, pagination, rate limits or any other limitations and controls Loyverse sets on Your use of the Loyverse APIs. Loyverse sets and enforces limits on Your use of the Loyverse APIs (e.g., limiting the number of API requests that You may make or the number of users You may serve), in its sole discretion.
- Use Loyverse APIs in any manner that works around any technical limitations of the Loyverse APIs or reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Loyverse APIs, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation.
- Use the Loyverse APIs, or any data obtained using the Loyverse APIs, to conduct performance testing of a Loyverse service or product unless expressly permitted by Loyverse pursuant to a duly executed written agreement.
- Use the Loyverse APIs, or any data obtained using the Loyverse APIs, to identify, exploit or publicly disclose any potential security vulnerabilities.
- Request, use or make available any data obtained using the Loyverse APIs outside any permissions expressly granted by Data Subjects in connection with using Your Application.
- Redistribute, sell, transfer, share, lease, resell, or sublicense access to the Loyverse APIs, any data obtained using the Loyverse APIs, or any other Loyverse service or product accessed through the Loyverse APIs without Cavius prior, express, written permission.
- Misrepresent expressly, by omission, or implication, the need for users to obtain a valid license to the Loyverse application or service that is accessed through the Loyverse APIs.
- Illegal activities, such as child pornography, gambling, violating copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws;
- Intending to exploit minors in any way;
- Accessing or authorizing anyone to access the Loyverse APIs from an embargoed country;
- Threatening, stalking, defaming, defrauding, degrading, victimizing or intimidating anyone for any reason;
- Violating applicable data privacy laws and regulations.
- Use the Loyverse APIs for any product or service and in any manner that competes with products or services offered by Cavius or use the Loyverse APIs in any other manner to compete with Loyverse offerings or to build products and services that compete with, or that replicate or attempts to replace an essential user experience of a Loyverse product or service without prior written permission.
- Use the Loyverse APIs in connection with or to promote any products, services, or materials that constitute, promote or are used primarily for the purpose of dealing in: spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code, hate materials or materials urging acts of terrorism or violence, hacking/surveillance/interception/ descrambling equipment.
- Use any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or any other harmful code that could affect the Loyverse products or services.
You warrant that Your Application has been developed to operate with Loyverse API content in a secure manner. Your network, operating system and the software of Your servers, databases, and computer systems (collectively, "Systems") must be properly configured to securely operate Your Application and store content collected through Your Application (including the Loyverse API content). Your Application must use reasonable security measures to protect the private data of Your users.
We may use technology to detect, prevent or limit the impact of any issues caused by Your Application (before, after, or instead of suspension of Your access). This may include, for example, (i) filtering to stop spam, (ii) performing security or privacy monitoring regarding scraping, denial of service attacks, user impersonation, application impersonation, or illicit consent grant(s), or (iii) limiting or terminating Your access to the Loyverse APIs.
You must have a process to respond to any vulnerabilities in Your Application, and in the case of any vulnerabilities related to Your Application's connection to the Loyverse APIs discovered by You or reported to You by a third party, You agree that You will provide vulnerability details to the Loyverse Security Response Center ([email protected]).
In the event of a data breach by You resulting from any aspect of the Loyverse APIs involving Your Application or any data collected through Your Application, You will promptly contact the Loyverse Security Response Center ([email protected]) and provide details of the data breach. You agree to refrain from making public statements (e.g., press, blogs, social media, bulletin boards, etc.) without prior written and express permission from Loyverse in each instance as it relates to the Loyverse APIs.
The rights and requirements of this section will survive for five (5) years following any termination of these API Terms.
In order to access and use our APIs you must follow one of the two available authentication methods:
- Personal access tokens (PAT)
- OAuth 2.0
A Personal Access Token (PAT) is used as an alternate password to authenticate and is a simple way to make calls to the API.
OAuth 2.0 Authentication is the preferred method of authenticating access to the API. OAuth2 specification defines a delegation protocol that is useful for conveying authorization decisions across a network of web-enabled applications and APIs.
Compliance with Applicable Privacy and Data Protection Laws
You must comply with all laws and regulations applicable to Your use of the data accessed through the Loyverse APIs, including without limitation laws related to data privacy. In case You operate within the European Union or You process data of European Citizens, You must follow the General Data Protection Law. (GDPR). Your use of the Loyverse APIs is conditioned upon implementing and maintaining appropriate protections and measures for Your service and Application, and that includes Your responsibility to the data obtained through the use of the Loyverse APIs. For the data You obtained through the Loyverse APIs, You must:
- obtain all necessary consents before processing data and obtain additional consent if the processing changes, of applicable;
- in the event You're storing data locally, ensure that data is kept up to date and implement corrections, restrictions to data, or the deletion of data as reflected in the data obtained through Your use of the Loyverse APIs;
- implement proper retention and deletion policies, including deleting all data when Your user abandons Your Application, uninstalls Your Application, closes its account with You, or abandons the account;
- provide adequate information to the data subjects regarding the purpose, scope and type of processing and any other information as per the Data Privacy Laws and Regulations.
You may be given access to certain non-public information, software, and specifications relating to the Loyverse APIs ("Confidential Information"), which is confidential and proprietary to Loyverse. You may use Confidential Information only as necessary in exercising Your rights granted under these API Terms. You may not disclose any Confidential Information to any third party without Loyverse's prior written consent. You agree that You will protect any Confidential Information from unauthorized use, access, or disclosure in the same manner that You would use to protect Your own confidential and proprietary information.
Cavius respects intellectual property rights, and expects You to also respect such rights. The Loyverse products, services, related content, documentation, images, technology, software, websites, LOYVERSE trademark and logo, trademarks, trade names, logos, service marks, patents, copyrights, domain names and derivative rights, any additional intellectual or other property whether registered or unregistered, around the world which subsists now or will subsist in the future (“Intellectual Property”) are the property of Cavius or its subsidiaries and affiliates and protected by intellectual property rights. You do not have the right to use the Intellectual Property in any manner not covered by this Agreement.
Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to convey, and by virtue of this Agreement you will not acquire, any ownership interest in the Intellectual Property.
You will not contest, or assist others in contesting, the validity, enforceability, ownership, or title of any Intellectual Property. You agree not to attempt to use or register any trademark or domain name that includes the word “Loyverse,” any other Cavius or its subsidiaries and affiliates trademarks, logos or any name that is confusingly similar to any of them.
Further, you may not remove or alter any copyright, copyright protection technology, trademark, or other intellectual property notice contained in or provided through Cavius or its subsidiaries and affiliates Intellectual Property.
You agree that You will not contest or impair the rights of Cavius or its subsidiaries and affiliates in and to the Loyverse trademark(s).
You may terminate the license by discontinuing Your use of all of the LOYVERSE APIs.
We may terminate these Terms, Your License to the LOYVERSE APIs and any rights granted herein at Loyverse for any reason.
- Cavius publicly posts a written notice of termination on the LOYVERSE API,
- Cavius sends a written notice of termination to You, or
- Cavius ceases providing access to the LOYVERSE APIs to You.
Disclaimer of Warranties
WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE LOYVERSE APIs. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT USE OF THE LOYVERSE APIs IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT WE PROVIDE THE LOYVERSE APIs ON AN "AS IS" BASIS "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAW, WE EXCLUDE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING FOR MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NOTHING IN THESE API TERMS ARE INTENDED TO AFFECT THOSE RIGHTS, IF THEY ARE APPLICABLE. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE LOYVERSE APIs WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS IN FUNCTIONING. IN PARTICULAR, THE OPERATION OF THE LOYVERSE APIs MAY BE INTERRUPTED DUE TO MAINTENANCE, UPDATES, OR SYSTEM OR NETWORK FAILURES. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY SUCH INTERRUPTION, ERRORS IN FUNCTIONING, OR THAT DATA LOSS WILL NOT OCCUR.
Limitation of Liability
CAVIUS SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE LOYVERSE APIS, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, WHETHER OR NOT LOYVERSE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL LOYVERSE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AMOUNT.
YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD CAVIUS AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, ASSIGNS OR SUCCESSORS HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES AND COSTS OF INVESTIGATION) MADE BY A THIRD PARTY DUE TO OR ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE LOYVERSE PLATFORM, LOYVERSE SERVICE OR LOYVERSE CONTENT OR YOUR VIOLATION OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY LAWS, REGULATIONS, OR THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
ANY USE OF THE LOYVERSE API IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE LOYVERSE API IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THERE IS NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE LOYVERSE API AND/OR OTHER LOYVERSE PRODUCT OR SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR IN WRITING, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM CAVIUS SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY ON BEHALF OF CAVIUS IN THIS REGARD.
CAVIUS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT: (I) THE LOYVERSE API AND/OR OTHER LOYVERSE PRODUCT OR SERVICE WILL MEET ALL OF YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (II) THE OPERATION OF THE LOYVERSE API WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; OR (III) THE LOYVERSE API WILL PROVIDE RESULTS THAT ARE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE OR CONSISTENT WITH YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
FURTHER, CAVIUS HAS NO OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY WITH SUPPORT, SOFTWARE UPGRADES, ENHANCEMENTS, OR MODIFICATIONS TO THE LOYVERSE API. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING USER OR DEVELOPER SUPPORT AND ANY OTHER TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO YOUR USERS OR OTHERS.
Relationship of the Parties
Nothing in the Agreement shall be construed as creating a joint controller or processor-subprocessor relationship between You and Cavius.
Invalidity of Specific Terms
Location of Lawsuit and Choice of Law